Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Spencers

My family and I were in the Holyoke Mall not too long ago and we decided to stop into Spencers. The chain has been around for as long as I can remember and I've never been suprised by what I've come across including the "adult" section. All I remember ever seeing in this section was a couple of sex board games or some sort of edible underwear or body lotion, but when we went in this weekend the adult section was plastered with items and pictures that were completely inappropriate for the general public to have access to. Here's a short list of what I noticed: a giant penis, I'm not sure what it was suppose to be used for, a couple of different finger vibrators, and other various pictures of practically naked people. My wife and I were completely taken back- this was nothing like the Spencers we grew up with. Yes, they always had adult items, but they were never this blatant or abundant. When we were kids we could go in and look at the practical joke items or the figures and not be subjected to a grossly over advertised sex section. I don't know when the store began to change or maybe I just didn't realize a gradual change over the years until recently. I'm not suggesting that Spencers change their store but I rather upset that I'll have to worry about that store any time my kids are in the mall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home