Tuesday, July 04, 2006

To the City of North Adams

Here's a big thanks for nothing. Thanks for making my family along with thousands of others to sit and wait for the start of the 4th of July fireworks only to be left sitting in the rain. Unlike years passed, the fireworks would start on time with the citizens able to sit in the stands of the Joe Wolfe baseball field. Not able to leave well enough alone, we now have to wait for the end of a baseball game before the fireworks can be lit off. I don't know who came up with this ridiculous idea. Somebody thought that since people like baseball and since they like fireworks, baseball + fireworks would be even better without running the logistics of an 11th inning game and late night downpours. Go back to the old system. The Steeple Cats can play an afternoon game or none at all. When the fireworks don't start until 10:30pm when they were schedueled for 9:15pm it's parents and children that suffer. I can't expect my 5 year old, let alone my 2 year old to stay awake until 10:30pm. My son fell asleep in the car on the way home- we didn't wait for the fireworks to end once it started raining, and we weren't in the car for more the five minutes. I was hoping to share a great evening with my family and what should have been the first time my son was able to see fireworks and know what was going on, but instead I come home wet and irritated at poor planning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home